Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hump Day Happenings!

  • Last weekend was one of our only weekends this summer where Sloane and I could just relax and hang out together.  This summer has been full of adventures and fun trips (which I'll post about later!), so it was really nice to just lay back and not have much on the agenda.  
    • Friday night Sloane took me to see Horrible Bosses. We hadn't been to the movies in a while, and the movie was hilarious! 
    • Saturday afternoon Sloane took me on another date to the Civic Center downtown to see the musical Ragtime!  It was really good and it was nice to sit in air conditioning AND be entertained :) The musical was over around 5 and I was STARVING so we decided to pretend to be 65 and go ahead and go to dinner...  We were the only people in the restaurant for about 45 minutes :) BUT the food was amazing! We tried a place we had never been, Ludivine, downtown.  They make all their meals from local ingredients and everything we had was delicious... except... Sloane's appetizer gave me the creeps.  He ordered bone marrow. I'm not joking.  I couldn't make eye contact with him until he had eaten it all. It was pink and brown, stringy and served in the bone!!!! So gross, but he really liked it! It's always an adventure around here.




  • Sunny has been SO hot with our crazy heat! She's still happy and sweet though :) She has gotten really good at finding the most shady spot on the street- even if it's at a neighbor's house! 
Sunny baby



  • One of our neighbors has been out of town so I've gotten to check on her little kitten lately. She hasn't named the kitten so I just call her Betsy. 

Betsy (just kidding, I just call her kitten)
  • I've been babysitting an eight year old little girl over the summer on days I haven't had class or tutoring.  We have had a blast! Here is a picture of our nails we painted yesterday.  We are going to White Water Bay tomorrow... I'll try to take some pics! Should be interesting!




  • I saw this watch on a blog this week and can't stop thinking about it.






  • Lastly, we saw a really fun/talented band when we were in Seaside, FL earlier this summer.  They have a new cd out and today (only today) you can download it for free! 
    • http://www.noisetrade.com/thedirtyguvnahs


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment