Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Traveling Tuesday: Chicago & St. Louis!

Hello! Whew! We had a whirlwind trip over Labor Day weekend! We got back late last night, and are worn out, but we had SO much fun! This was my first trip to Chicago and I loved everything we were able to see and do. Sloane has some pictures on his phone that I'll have to add later :)

We went to South Bend, Indiana for a Notre Dame game! We aren't huge fans, but it was close to Chicago and we couldn't miss the opening weekend of college football! This is the players walking to mass before the game.
Here are some college guys floating in the fountain, waiting on the football players,
in front of the "Touchdown Jesus" mosaic.

Ya'll. I had an emotional breakdown and threw the biggest fit. It was hotter than HELL and I sweated through this entire dress. Drama central. Sorry Sloane... Good thing he loves me ;)

The band was AWESOME! They played and then we marched with them and the Irish Guard to the stadium!

Ta-Dah! Tiny, old, tradition filled stadium- a lot like War Memorial in Little Rock.


Rain delay! At least I got some nachos.
 (Sloane never lets me get nachos, it's a running joke around here.)

On to Chicago! Lake Michigan- my first time to see the Great Lakes! Also, after the Notre Dame game Sloane drove me to the  Michigan border so I could cross it off my list of states I've visited.


Sears tower.


Trump tower.

Theeeee Cubby Bear!


Hot stuff right there.


PERFECT day!

View from the Cubby Bear after the game.

On our way to the Chicago Jazz Festival.

Dance floor. Enough said.

AWESOME music... great night. We ate my first Chicago style pizza afterwards :)

On the way home, we stopped in STL!

AMAZING Bar-B-Que, sweet potato fries, and fried corn! I ate most of it :)


We had to stop at Ted Drewes for some ice cream of course. Duh.


We had another successful road trip! The next few Traveling Tuesdays will be about places that are on our list to visit and trips that are in the works :) Hope you had a lovely, long weekend and cheers to a new, short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment