Thursday, August 4, 2011

The "T" Word

TRAVEL! 


Sloane and I have really made traveling a priority this past year (and we will until we decide to try to have kids).  He always has such fun ideas of places to go and I love getting to go on adventures with him! This year we have been blessed to have been able to go and see some really fun stuff.  Over the next few weeks, I'll try to post about the places we've been so far in 2011, tell about our next trips that are in the planning stages, and show places that are on my "bucket list".

I'll start today with our "Southern Roadtrip".  We took off the day after Christmas last year and returned home after New Year's so I feel like I can count in in this year's adventures :) We went home to Arkansas for Christmas and were able to see both of our families before we began. It was a lot of driving, but we were able to see and experience SO much!

We started in Nashville, TN. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, Elvis' Studio, lots of great restaurants, The Ryman, Tootsies, and last but not least, an USHER concert!!!!!


Elvis' piano
Typical.


Next, we went to Asheville, NC to the Biltmore Estate! It was even better than we thought it would be.

I'm such a good packer that I forgot to pack JEANS on our mid-winter trip!

My Cutie in his cowboy boots.
THEN we headed on over to Charleston, SC... oh how we loved Charleston. It was super cute and had a romantic southern charm.  In each town, we asked the locals for the best spots to eat, hang out, sight see, and shop!


This place had wonderful, Southern food.

I mean... look at that. Smothered fried green tomatoes.
Our awesome hotel.

I loved Charleston's homes and paint colors.
 
We checked out the Citadel.


We stopped by Hilton Head to eat lunch and check out the beach!

 

Our last big stop was Savannah, GA.  We spent New Year's Eve listening to a fun band at a street party in one of the many old town squares and ate dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady & Sons!





On our long drive home, we stopped in Tupelo, MS at Elvis' birthplace!

Next time I'll show ya'll pictures from our trip up the northeastern coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment