Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Traveling Tuesday: Santa Fe!

Today I wanted to show ya'll a little bit about our Fourth of July trip to Santa Fe! Sloane and I had never been there and we ended up LOVING it! We got there really late and went straight to dinner at Cafe Pasqual's! It was delicious, but someone was sooooo tired!


So sleepy :)
We loved it so much, we grabbed breakfast burritos to go the next morning and took them with us as we saw the sights.
Here I am wearing the dress I've apparently worn in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE I've taken this summer.





This is the main square (we ate our breakfast burritos here!)


My boyfriend in a really unique outdoor art gallery.



I wonder what he was thinking about! "hmm"


Typical.


I FOUND ANOTHER CAT! She was purring. And I bought cowboy boots 1/2 off!


We had a hotel mix-up and Sloane complained so they gave us our own little house complete with chocolate covered strawberries and chilled champagne!

We went to the New Mexico wine festival and they had a fun, local band playing.

Anyone know what type of flower/bush this is? I loved it and they were everywhere!

Ok, when Sloane ordered this I thought it would be weird, but it was DELICIOUS! This, ladies & gentlemen (actually I don't know that any gentlemen read this, but anyway), is avocado pie!! It was frozen and tasted almost just like key lime pie, but with a different texture. Surprisingly tasty :)

We went to the BEST spa.  It was up in the mountains and everything was outdoors and they had hot springs as well as other normal spa services.



Sunday we drove up the road to Taos along the Enchanted Circle.  We saw the Rio Grande Gorge! It made me nervous. No joke. But here is my brave man, LEANING over the edge... my oh my.



We made it! Our little hotel for the night.

Awesome place to eat- this was Sloane's favorite on the trip which is funny because it has such a romantic name- ha! The food was all locally grown and was so, so good.

I am so lucky to have him :)
I would definitely recommend the Santa Fe area for a fun, long weekend destination! We loved learning about the culture, seeing all the history, and eating all the food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment